Children deserve to play in a beautiful, safe environment that is free from excess dirt and debris. Artificial turf creates a soft and hygienic foundation for play areas.
Here are some ways to ensure that your artificial turf is kept tidy and clean for everyone to use.
Cleaning Artificial Turf
It’s extremely simple to maintain the cleanliness of artificial turf. Special equipment isn’t needed. In fact, anyone on your maintenance crew will be able to master the straightforward process of cleaning artificial turf. The steps include:
- First, ensure that no children are currently using the playground area. It’s best to conduct the artificial turf cleaning process either before or after opening hours.
- Next, use a water hose with adequate pressure. A special pressure hose is not necessary, but there does need to be enough pressure to put the dirt and debris out of the fibers of the artificial turf.
- Spray down the turf from one direction. You want to “push” the dirt out. A slow, back-and-forth motion is recommended.
- Once the dirt has been washed out of the artificial turf, continue spraying so that it is well clear of the turf. That way, if a rainstorm comes along soon, the dirt won’t be splashed back onto the turf.
- If there are areas where the dirt is not budging, you may need to use a mild surfactant such as a household cleaner. You can also use a special artificial turf cleaning solution, although this isn’t usually necessary.
- Using a soft-bristle broom, gently scrub away the stubborn dirt until it’s loose enough to spray away with the hose.
- Note that if you do use a surfactant, be sure to rinse away the soap residue afterward.
These simple steps are all that is needed for cleaning artificial turf.
When you choose May Recreation playground equipment, your artificial turf can be SYNLawn. We install and recommend SYNLawn because it is extremely hygienic turf that helps to keep children safe as they enjoy playtime.
Hygienic Qualities of SYNLawn
The specially-engineered artificial turf by SYNLawn Playground Systems provides an additional choice for keeping children safe on playgrounds. This antibacterial infill protects children from potentially dangerous germs, and gets rid of unpleasant smells. Long-term use of this method is effective in preventing the accumulation of germs on the artificial turf.
Choices Available for Artificial Turf With May Recreation and SYNLawn
There are three important features that distinguish SYNLawn Playground Systems apart from other types of turf and make it an excellent choice for playgrounds in a variety of settings, including home, school, or a public park.
- Envirofill® Antimicrobial Infill
- Fall Pad® Underlayment System
- SynLawn Artificial Grass w/ EnviroLoc ® and HeatBlock ® Technologies
Artificial turf helps to keep children safe while they enjoy your playground equipment. Part of that safety comes from cleaning artificial turf as needed. May Recreation is happy to talk with you more about the benefits of artificial turf for your playground needs. For more information, please contact us today.